Bhitarkanika National Park is the second largest Eco-System in India.. The land of lush green mangroves, migrating birds and turtles, the menacing estuarine crocodiles, meandering water courses, tranquil surrounding intercepted by the chirping of birds and the ever embracing nature, entrails visitors from near and far off places to flock these unique places of tourist importance. Scientists, Scholars, Nature Lovers and Tourists have abundant food for thought and exploration. Bhitarkanika represents one of the finest creations ever.
- The wetland is represented by as many as 3 protected Areas
- The Bhitarkanika National Park
- The Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary
- The Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary
Bhitarkanika is a unique habitat of Mangrove Forests criss-crossed with numerous creeks and mud flats located in Kendra Para district of Orissa.One of the largest Mangrove Eco system in India, Bhitarkanika is home to diverse flora and fauna. Bhitarkanika located between 86-45 To 8717 East longitude and 20-17 to 20-47 North latitude in the estuary of Brahmani, Baitarani, Dhamra & Mahanadi river systems,has unique attraction and a boast of natures most picturesque sites. The unique bio-diversity attracts visitors to the natures lap. Bhitarkanika National Park is a prime habitat of leopard cat, fishing cat, jungle cat, hyena, wild boar, spotted deer, sambar, porcupine, dolphin, salt water crocodile including partially white crocodile, python, king cobra, water monitor lizards, terrapin, marine turtle, kingfisher, wood pecker, hornbill, bar headed geese, brahmany duck, pintail, white bellied sea eagle, tern, sea gull, waders and a large variety of resident and migratory birds.
Where To Stay: Sand Pebbles Bhitarkanika Jungle Resorts at Bhitarkanika National Park offers ace-class accommodation with modest facilities for overnight stay.
Type of Accommodation:
- – 14 SWISS TENTS (Double Bed, Triple Bed, Four Sharing-Beds).
- Cozy accommodation (Non-AC ) in Swiss Tents on AP and MAP Plans.
- Sand Pebbles Bhitarkanika Jungle Resorts offers lucrative packages designed especially for tourists – both from home and abroad.
|Rack Rate :Room Tariff : in INR : Per Night Effective from 01st Aug 2017 to 31st July 2018.|
Non AC SWISS-TENT
|breakfast + (lunch or dinner)||breakfast + lunch + dinner|
- Rates are inclusive of all taxes. ( Subject to change in future ).
- Children below 5 years of age are free.
- Booking is subject to availability.
- Swiss-Tent Accommodations at Sand Pebbles Bhitarkanika Jungle Resorts (Bhitarkanika National Park).
- Bhitarkanika National Park Remains close from 01st May till 31st July for Breeding and Nesting of its habitats and re-opens for the tourist from 01st August every year.
- Above rates are not applicable for Saturdays. Alternatively packages may be available for booking.
Click Here For Reservation / Cancellation Policy.
Amenities and Services: Fully Furnished Tents, Restaurant and Hygienic Food, Hammocks(Swings), Fishing Rod Available(Angling), 24-hours water supply, Attached Bathrooms, Bonfire Place, 24-hours Electricity with back-up Generator, Classic Modern Amenities, Lively Rejuvenating Atmosphere, Leisurely Pollution-free Ambiance, Complementary Pick-up/Drop from Boating-point (only Arrival / Departure)
Activities and Services offered: Lucrative Accommodation, Highly tasty and hygienic Food, Scenic Boat Cruising, Bonfire, Angling, Corporate Events, Get-togethers, Outing, Team Building Activities & Ice Breaking Sessions, Theme-Based Entertainment.
Major Attractions: Birds of 170 different species, 08 magnificent sub-species of Kingfishers, Open Billed Stork, Sea Eagles, Kites, Sand Pipers, Darters, Whistling Teals, Sea Gulls, 22-feet Crocodile(Kaalia), Famous White Crocodile(Gauri), Basking Crocodiles on Mud flat, Spotted Deer, Wild Pigs, Monitor Lizard, King Cobra, Pythons
Entry Points: Khola and Gupti are the two main entry points to enter Bhitarkanika National Park. Visitors should take entry permit from the Forest Check Gate at Khola and Gupti forest Dept. Private Boats are available at both the places. Private Boats are also available at JAYANAGAR & CHANDBALI. The entry points are well connected from the major cities of Odisha.
- Bhubaneswar – 160 KMS to entry point Khola/Gupti
- Cuttack – 140 KMS to entry point Khola/Gupti
- Bhadrak – 70 KMs to entry point Jayanagar Via Chandbali
Nearest Railway Station:
- From Bhadrak – 70 KMs to Jayanagar entry point
- From Cuttack – 140 KMs to Khola / Gupti entry point
- From Bhubaneswar – 160 KMs from Khola / Gupti entry point
Nearest Airport: Bhubaneswar